It has been a while since my last post and much has been going on. I have been sewing a variety of projects working on different skills and experimenting. I wanted to learn how to use piping on a pillow and applique so I created the Long Horn and Texas pillow with some simple embroidery.
I had some fat quarters that I had purchased a couple of years ago but hadn't used up and so I created a set of quilted oven mitts. I have some "Doc McStuffin" fans in my family and came up with this simple tote bag, that I was considering for teaching during a summer kids camp. It is unlined. I opted for doing a lined tote instead. I will have post a picture of it on another post.
My daughter has some "Our Generation 18" dolls and so I made a couple of doll outfits for her dolls. This is a good way to practice clothing construction on a small scale. The process is the same. I also learned that no one 18" doll is the same and so fitting and some pattern adjustments can be done for a doll as well. A little tedious though trying to fit a doll. I've learned that there are body dress forms for dolls out there. I'm not sure if I will invest in one but if I do decide to, I know that they exist and are available if need be.
I thought I would take a shot at creating a knit dress form myself using New Look pattern 6482. The pattern includes a dress, jacket, and top. I tried the dress and it turned out better than I thought for a first try. Knits can be tricky. I'm still learning about fitting and adjusting patterns for the perfect fit. That seems like a science all in itself. I have a big learning curve.
This project gave me an opportunity to make a sewing machine cover and trying out applique dies with my Acuquilt Go machine.
Well that is all for now. I'm working on some more clothing projects and will post as they are completed. I also found a wonderful project for a back to school pencil bag.
Until next time!!
The Sew Stormer!!